November 25, 2020
I am pleased to announce that prospective child care workers may continue to go to the Dover fingerprinting location without an appointment on Wednesdays during the month of December. My thanks to the Delaware State Police State Bureau of Identification for providing this extension.
The address of the Dover facility is:
Delaware State Police Bureau of Identification
Blue Hen Corporate Center
655 Bay Road
(This building is at the back entrance of the Blue Hen Mall and Corporate Center)
Please know the following information:
- Fingerprinting appointments continue to be required at the New Castle County (Troop 2) and Sussex County (Troop 4) locations.
- The Dover location will conduct fingerprinting by appointment and also permit walk-ins for child care workers in December Wednesdays only, from 8:30-11:00 a.m. and 12:30-3:00 p.m.
- If you choose to come to the Dover location without an appointment, go immediately to the Information Desk. You will be given a number and will be called in that order. If there is a line outside the door (and I am told this sometimes happens), an employee will come to you to give you a number.
- Persons with an appointment will be serviced first and called by name.
- Persons without an appointment will be called in order of their numbers, working around the scheduled appointments.
- If you already have a scheduled appointment at one of the locations, keep that appointment. If you cannot wait for that date and will travel to Dover on one of the walk-in Wednesdays in December, be sure to cancel your other appointment so another person can be scheduled during that time.
- There is no public bathroom at the Dover location so plan your needs accordingly.
- Facial coverings are required.
OCCL will let you know if these “no appointment times” can be continued. SBI makes this determination on a monthly basis.
I hope this is helpful to you; I appreciate SBI and their willingness to help accommodate our child care staffing needs.
The Office of Child Care Licensing